We like to think of this as a great way to get to know your photographer before committing to having them as your photographer on one of the most important days of your life. This is done before signing the contract in order to make sure we’re a good fit. Not only do you want to love their style, but you will also want to make sure you love having them around. After all, they will be spending almost an entire day with you, your family, and your friends.
We’ve put together a few questions that we believe will help you as you search for your wedding photographer while also learning everything you need to know.
- Is our wedding date available?
- Will you have an assistant or second shooter with you that day?
- Will you be photographing any other weddings that weekend or close to our wedding date?
- Will you be the one shooting my wedding? If not, can I meet the photographer who will be?
- When did you start doing wedding photography?
- How many weddings have you photographed?
- Can we see a full gallery of your work?
- Have you worked at our wedding venue?
- Do you have a list of preferred vendors?
- How would you describe your photography style?
- Do you shoot digitally, with film, or both?
- How would you describe your working style?
- Can I customize a package to fit my needs?
- Do you include engagement or bridal sessions in your packages, rehearsal dinners, or pre-wedding events?
- Do you offer a photo booth?
- Do you charge a travel fee?
- How many hours of wedding photography coverage do we need?
- Can we order prints and albums directly from you? Will our images be accessible online? And how long will they be accessible?
- Do you have packages that include a custom album? What type of album do you offer and can we choose the pictures that will be in the album?
- Do you require a deposit or retainer fee?
- When do I pay this fee?
- When does the contract have to be signed?
- What is your refund or cancellation policy?
- How will you and your assistant be dressed?
- What will happen if something comes up and you can’t make it to photograph our wedding?
Thanks for reading,